The “Most Commented Widget” is a plug-in that can be installed on the sidebar as a widget to display the posts or pages with the most comments.
This is a useful way of creating a dynamic “our best posts” section, even though the only criteria is the number of comments and not the number of visitors.
To install the plug-in, first log into WordPress with an administrator account.
1. Click on “Add New” in the “Plugins” section of the sidebar
2. Enter “most commented” in the search box and click on “Search Plugins”
3. Look for “Most Commented Widget” in the search results and click on “Install Now”
4. After the plug-in has been installed, click on “Activate Plugin”
5. To put the widget onto the site sidebar, first click on “Widgets” in the “Appearance” section of the administration sidebar
6. Now drag the “Most Commented” widget onto the primary or secondary widget area
7. If the widget does not open, click on the drop-down arrow. By default, all comments are taken into consideration and 5 results are displayed
8. You can enter a title for the widget, change the number of posts, restrict the comments to the last day, week, month or year, exclude pages and include password protected posts
9. When you are finished, click on “Save”
10. The widget is now active on the site